On Valentine’s Day, don’t give chocolates, give an act of kindness! At the NYPL, our job is to help you better yourself. We hope this also translates into you passing on the goodwill to your friends, family and community members.
So, let’s help reboot Monday as Generosity Day (the brainchild of Sasha Dichter)! Examples of great things to do on #generosityday:
• Give money to….a street musician, a homeless person, your favorite charity
• Take old clothes from your closet and give them to goodwill
• Leave a $5 tip for a $2 coffee
• Introduce yourself to someone you see every day but have never said hello to
• Bring in lunch for your co-workers
• Give someone a compliment
Have a blast!